07 January, 2009

New Japanese Restaurant in Vouliagmeni

Today I came back to Birmingham, UK. I will stay here until 20th when I am definitely moving to Greece.

As I wrote on the other day, I visited Furin Kazan Japanese restaurant in Syntagma area. To tell you the truth I was rather disappointed, probably because I had too high an expectation after having read so many good reviews.

At Athens Venizelos airport today, I picked up "2Board", the airport's official magazine. It is an excellent guide to Athens and to Greece and it is a very good read with beautiful pictures as well. I recommend you to pick up one if you happened to come to the airport.

In it I read that Nobu (probably the most renowned Japanese restaurant group) has opened a new restaurant in Athens!

Well, it is not exactly Nobu or not exactly in Athens, but nearly.

It is called Matsuhisa (Chef Nobu Matsuhisa's surname) and it is in Vouliagmeni (where Vouliagmeni Lake is), but it should surely be the best Japanese restaurant in Athens area now.

Here is the website, but there is very little information.

http://www.matsuhisaathens.com/

It is inside the Westin Athens, Astir Palace Beach Resort, and its website is slightly better.

http://draft.livecms.biz/1983/MatsuhisaAthens

The price would be prohibitive, but, still, it is a great joy to have a decent Japanese restaurant in Athens area. I have to start saving to be able to try it!

No comments: