21 May, 2009

Caramel Frocaccino @ Flocafe

Greek cafeteria chains are creating lots of own brand coffee drinks for differentiation. Well, it is not only "Greek" as also Starbucks and the like do the same, but here, because of the weather, there are more cold varieties.

The other day, I tried one of them at Flocafe (large Greek cafeteria chain that you can find everywhere in Athens and probably elsewhere as well) of Marina Zeas, Piraeus.


This is Flocaccino Caramel (270ml). To the right is ordinary nes frappé with milk.



Flocaccino is Flocafe's own bland of iced coffee made with Jacobs coffee and there are 3 varieties: classic, caramel, and chocolate. There is large size for all of them, which is 400 ml.

Flocaccino caramel is iced coffee with caramel syrup with whipped 'cream'.



Now the taste. To be honest, it was too sweet for me. BUT, I do know that the Greeks like their coffee sweet (quite many throw 3 to 7 spoonfuls of sugar into their coffees) and I was not surprised by it. Although I was not surprised by this either, but the vegetable cream, instead of dairy cream, was disappointing as usual.

I will try various cold coffees this summer. More reports coming up!


(Oh, I want to note also that the lady's toilets of this Flocafe do have lock!)

No comments: