16 March, 2009

Home Baking Attempts

Hubby brings sandwich to his workplace as lunch. Usually it is ham sandwich or cheese sandwich, but during the fasting period, neither of the choices is available. For the first week I gave him home-made hummus sandwiches sometimes with olive paste and sometimes with sun-dried tomatoes.


I thought he should have gotten tried of hummus and tried to make something different.

The first attempt was eliopsomo (olive bread) in pizza style. It is covered with cheese because I still had some grated cheese to use-up; I know it is possible to freeze and I did freeze butter and sausages, but our freezer isn't that large.




I thought this was one of the best bread I have ever made, but Hubby did not eat it at all, because I put fresh coriander that he does not like. I knew that, but eliopsomo without coriander does not worth a penny!

Next attempt was patatopsomo (potato bread). I made pizza dough and mashed potato with pies, and then folded potato mash in pizza bread. I still had some cheeze, so I used it (this was the last remnant).

Section:


Without coriander, it was boring to me, but Hubby said it was fine. Well, in the end, it was for him and I should be happy, if he is.






No comments: