31 October, 2009

Dodoni @ Marina Zea, Piraeus

Also in Piraeus there is one outlet of Dodoni (Δωδώνη) - the ubiquitous ice cream franchise in Greece. I don't know the exact address, but it is in Passalimani (Marina Zea), not so far from Carrefour heading toward West.

It might sound surprising and it makes me surprise that I have never eaten Dodoni ice cream, either in shop or at home (packaged Dodoni ice cream is widely available in supermarket in Greece). I don't know why. Maybe because of my general tendency to avoid franchise shops. Who knows?

But, then, an occasion presented itself finally. Hubby and I were walking Passalimani looking for a cafeteria. We wanted also something sweet as it was getting close to noon. Dodoni, which sells also crepes and waffles, looked to be an attractive choice.




The location isn't really attractive directly facing to a busy street. Maybe for this reason, here any coffee costs only 2 euros. Besides coffees, we ordered also Strawberry jam and whipped cream crepe with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.





The crepe itself wasn't bad, although slightly too thick and soft to my taste. Jam wasn't of particularly good quality and whipped cream wasn't dairy. I was expecting it, as the price was around 4 euros, but the fact that the vanilla ice cream scarcely smelling of vanilla was beyond my expectation. I did not like the ice cream AT ALL. It was pretty artificial and there was nothing noteworthy. We did not even finish it.

It was good to know that it sells coffees for 2 euros, but I won't go back for crepe or, all the less, for ice cream.


No comments: