23 July, 2009

Rich Cookies and Thick Yogurt

Tried for the first time a patisserie close to our flat to buy breakfast biscuits. It says to be founded in 1909, but the shop itself seems to be recently renovated and very neat.

What impressed me at this visit was the entusiasm of the seller; she tried to explain to me how and why good are their produces (fresh, good ingredients, their own pastry or butter).



7 euros worth of hand made biscuits (well, hand-made is very common in Greek bakery and patisserie). They are fine, but too rich to be our breakfast biscuits. They are more for afternoon tea. Besides, the round ones are savory and do not do as breakfast biscuits.

Being impressed by her, I bought a tub of Greek yogurt. She said it was their own product.



This middle size tub costs 2 euros, slightly more expensive than supermarket yogurt. It was very thick and creamy yogurt. I liked it, especially the buttery suface layer. But the fat content of 6.6% means that it is not for everyday consume for me.

I will try some other sweets next time. She said galaktoboureko is very good...

No comments: