22 January, 2011

Cafe La Vie @ Kolonaki

I have not been blogging for a while.

I was sick first, then went to Japan and back, and lastly have been very busy with job.

Today is the first day off since my return to Greece and finally find time and mood to write something.

The below photos were taken several days after the New Year's Day.

Although I was not really feeling well, had to go to Athens to buy some gifts to bring to Japan. After shopping, we stopped at this cafe in Valaoritou Street for a hot drink.

Cafe La Vie

Although it was pretty chilly, more people were seated outside. It is very Greek of them. :) The inside, thus, was almost empty, although it was getting filled while we were there.



I ordered tea, Hubby a cappuccino and cheese cake. The drinks were just OK and the cheese cake was lukewarm and was starting to melt away. No good.



We won't come back.

Then we stopped at Paul and bought a couple of pastries for the day after. Here is my apple pie.



It was all right, but not that special. But equally, the price wasn't that 'special', so I guess it was OK.



So dear Greek bakers! Please learn to make these pastries so that I don't have to go all the way to Syntagma to buy.

No comments: