26 June, 2011

Tas Kebab @ Gazohori, Gazi

I think I am working a bit too much. On weekdays, 11 hours a day on average, with a few hours of extra work during the weekend if necessary. During weekends, we also go for excursions and trips, so I don't have much time left for blogging. I wonder if I should change the life style.

Two weeks ago, we returned to Gazohori in Gazi.

Grafitti in Gazi

This is one of our favorite mezedopoleia in central Athens.

Gazohori

Rocket, Mozzarella and Sun-Dried Tomato Salad.



And Hubby orders always the same thing.

Tzatziki (he might order tyrokafteri which we tried in the past and was good).



Fresh Fried Potatoes.



Aubergine dish with white cheese.



But I slipped in one dish we have never ordered before: tas kebab.



Morsels of veal cooked in spicy tomato sauce. I don't think I have eaten Tas Kebab before. Knowingly, at least. I liked this Oriental dish very much and regretted to have missed it for such a long time.

With a bottle of coke, the bill was less than 30 Euro. Decent food, decent value.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There is a strong probability that the VAT rate on the served food will be increased from 13% to 23%. It would have a devastating effect on restaurant business. Besides, already weakened restaurateurs will resort to tax evasion trying not to write receipts. It will punished by fine, but the fact is many restauranteurs are already indebted to the state, banks, and social security fund. Adding some fine to the immense debts won't scare the hard-pressed restaurateurs any longer, some think.

No comments: