05 March, 2011

Forgotten Photos from Hydra

Found in my archive some forgotten photos from Hydra this summer which. As I feel sorry to delete them, I publish them belatedly.

In Hydra it is prohibited to bring in motored vehicles (although I did see one or two trucks that bring garbage etc), beasts of burden are still essential part of ordinary life. They bring construction material, food, water, luggage and human beings. Hubby said they were donkeys, but I thought many were mules or small horses.



I did not find food in Hydra interesting. Probably you get good fish, but the cooking was uninspiring standard taverna affair. Even so, we found a taverna we liked, this one in the left side of the photo. I don't remember its name. It is located near the bar Paramour and the hotel Amaryllis; Hydra town centre being so small, it should not be difficult to find it.



We are here twice and tried various things. Menu ranges from classics to some originals and they were all well-executed. Here in the photo is pork souvlaki, with some vegetable in between. I liked the twist, as the Greek souvlaki is made only with meat.



Before leaving Hydra, we sat at cafeteria Haagendasz to wait for speedboat. The cheese cake was dry and oozing the smell of freezer.



I am not sure if I want to go back to Hydra. The town was beautiful but it is not something I want to see repeatedly.

No comments: