27 March, 2009

New Entries on Athens

It has been some time that I have not updated new entry information. Actually I have added some pages, but sometimes I forget to announce them here.

Anyway.


Firstly, Museum of Greek Popular Musical Instruments


This is really an interesting little museum and it is free as well! There is absolutely no reason not to visit it.



And a page in Syntagma area section.

Zonar's Cafe near Syntagma Square




Evidently it is a very old cafe, but I discovered it only recently walking casually around the area. I just loved their coffee.

2 comments:

CaliforniaKat said...

This is a revamped version of the original. The original closed many years ago, and they reopened it with all fancy schmancy windows, furniture, etc. Not the same.

The original had those old leather booths, was sort of shabby chic and had this pre-war feeling that aptly symbolize the Greek resistance. People used to meet there to discuss...uh, well you know.

mesogeia said...

Hello again,

Yes, when I wrote about it, I made a quick internet search and found this article in English Kathimerini.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_civ_2_01/12/2007_90709

My bro-in-law who did not know the refurbishment said it was a kanefnio of papoudes. Now it is a very bourgeoisie kind of place.

What I wanted to know is that it served that super-quality coffee even before, or is it a now introduction after the refurbishment. Do you know?